UPDATE

Setting Goals

There is a Harvard Business study that states 3% of its MBA graduates who had goals written down ended up earning 10 times as much as the other 97%. I would love to ask our small business owners how many of you out there are setting clear goals for your enterprise.

Setting realistic goals is the first step to developing a successful business. Once you set a goal with a timeline you have put yourself in the mindset for accomplishment. Goals are what guide our path, it gives us the opportunity to make the right decisions. Why? Because it keeps us on track to what you want to obtain and reduces your distractions.

We as entrepreneurs are super creative and have tons of ideas, sometimes these ideas get in our way if we don’t have goals and plans. Set up a clear goal for the year, divide in 12 months, 52 weeks and 365 days. You will then never be lost on what you should be doing every day.

Ruth Garcia-Corrales


FASHION

Africa de Broek

Meet Africa De Broeck, Fashion Team

With over ten years of fashion business consultant experience, Africa De Broeck, MS., has a scholarly background, strong project management, analytical thinking, and administrative skills. Successfully managed multiple small businesses with P & L responsibility, including business development experience in high-volume corporate sales for Fortune 500 companies. Africa De Broeck’s holds the position as Fashion Program Manager at NEW-wbc.org. As an entrepreneur herself, she is also co-owner of Three Points Barbershop located in Culver City CA, a premier mens’ grooming destination. She continues to collaborate with industry colleagues and enjoys hosting and presenting webinars for the NEW-wbc.org community. Please contact her at adebroeck@neworg.us for a fashion business consultation.


RESTAURANTS

Ready. Open. Serve. A new restaurant support program in Los Angeles.

We are Launched!

We are excited to announce our new program, Ready. Open. Serve., focused on helping the restaurants we love stay open and continue to serve the people of LA County. Our mission is to provide free promotion, marketing, education and networking opportunities to our local restaurants so that they can provide the best dine-in and take out service possible and keep our communities thriving, through these times and beyond.

Want to be part of the directory and the Restaurant Campaigns. Call us to get started 213-483-2060 x401.


UPCOMING EVENTS

We are working hard on our Fall Fashion Expo. This year will be virtual. More information to come. We are looking for volunteers. Interested? Call or email adebroeck@neworg.us / 213-483-2060 x 401.

View our upcoming events